Orange County Metro Area,
Job Number: JN -072020-4494
Our client, a global life sciences organization, has an immediate need for a Sr. Research Associate to join their team in Santa Monica, CA.
- Proficiently execute cell-based assays on a regular basis or as needed, in support of process development and product characterization
- Perform data analysis, data reporting, and further statistical analysis with advanced analysis software
- Assist in data verification to ensure data integrity
- Maintain and operate plate readers including VersaMax and SpectraMax
- Perform reagent lot and assay control qualifications
- Transfer cell-based assays from the method development group to analytical testing group
- Review and maintain standard operating procedures and analytical test methods
- Develop electronic templates for documenting assay execution
- Maintain and handle human cell lines: thaw, culture/expand, and cryopreservation
- Write, review and edit accurate technical documents
- Assist in developing, qualifying, executing and documenting cell-based methods to study and characterize processes for production of T cell therapies
- Provide user training on instruments, sample analysis, and cross-train analysts on analytical methods
- Coordinate activities for members of project teams in the initiation and execution of laboratory experimentation
- Participate in sampling and study plan meetings to support different functional areas within Process Development
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned to reflect changes in business processes.
- BS degree with 2 plus years industry experience in cell therapy areas.
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of developing cell-based assay, and technical knowledge of instrument & software, and method controls
- Proficient in operating equipment such as VersaMax and SpectraMax
- Understand deep characterization knowledge in patient materials, product knowledge, and process characterization
- Demonstrates emerging ability in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results and interpreting experimental outcomes
- Ability to follow laboratory procedures with attention to detail, and successfully execute experiments at the bench
- Ability to think critically, demonstrate troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Previous experience with other technologies is a plus
- Excellent skill in Microsoft word, Excel, MS Teams, and SoftMax Pro analysis software
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload/assignments based upon changing priorities
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description
Having been in business since 2006, Vivo is a full-service recruiting and consulting company, specializing in mid to senior level technology resources. Our brand promise is simple: we get people. We get that our clients don t want to waste time and that our candidates and employees thrive when given honest feedback and an opportunity to grow.
Whether you re onsite at our Pleasanton headquarters or working for one of Vivo s clients the best brand names out there our promise to you is unwavering: we will treat you like you are our most important employee.
Do you think you get people get what they really need, and get how to deliver? We re not perfect but we re accountable. We re not in 32 countries, but we are in the heart of it all. So, if you are looking for a flexible, fun and high-energy work environment, along with the opportunity to work with some of the world s technology leaders, we can t wait to talk to you.
Vivo We Get People!