Vallejo-Fairfield Metro Area,
Job Number: JN -042023-4801
Our client, in the renewable energy space, is looking for a Sr. Control Firmware Engineer that will design, develop, test, and maintain embedded systems that control and monitor the client s renewable energy storage products. This is a contract role that is offering a Hybrid model for their Richmond, CA office.
- Develop, maintain and optimize C and C++ code for embedded monitoring devices.
- Understand firmware architecture to enable communication with external devices, including power meters and inverters, across different protocols.
- Conduct testing of control-loop behavior and performance using simulations and field trials.
- Create bash scripts and configure Linux systems.
- Write automated tests for new features and integrate them into a continuous integration environment.
- Review board schematics to ensure proper functionality.
- Troubleshoot firmware and electrical issues during board bring-up in the lab and in the field during alpha/beta trials.
- Set up and maintain cloud infrastructure for fleet maintenance and performance monitoring.
- Maintain and manage a large fleet of devices.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on the design and implementation of new features.
Nice to have
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
- 4+ years of experience writing C++ code.
- 3+ years of developing software in a Linux environment.
- 1+ years of writing C code for embedded real-time operating systems (ideally Zephyr OS).
- Background in digital signal processing and digital control algorithms.
- Deep understanding of encapsulation and object-oriented design.
- Extensive experience with embedded systems.
- Extensive experience writing multi-threaded programs.
- Familiarity with Linux at an administrator level, experience writing bash scripts.
- Experience working in a lab environment.
- Experience with battery technology, charge controllers, and PV inverters.
- Experience in power electronics hardware.
- Ability to read board schematics and familiarity with PCB design.
- Experience with Modbus, CANbus, Sunspec.
- Experience with the agile development process.
- Experience with continuous integration.
Having been in business since 2006, Vivo is a full-service recruiting and consulting company, specializing on mid to senior level technology resources. Our brand promise is simple: we get people. We get that our clients don t want to waste time, and that our candidates and employees thrive when given honest feedback and an opportunity to grow.
Whether you re onsite at our Pleasanton headquarters or working for one of Vivo s clients the best brand names out there our promise to you is unwavering: we will treat you like you are our most important employee.
Do you think you get people get what they really need, and get how to deliver? We re not perfect but we re accountable. We re not in 32 countries, but we are in the heart of it all. So, if you are looking for a flexible, fun and high-energy work environment, along with the opportunity to work with some of the world s technology leaders, we can t wait to talk to you.
Vivo We Get People!