San Francisco Metro Area,
Post Date: 05/29/2018
Job ID: JN -052018-3663
Job Category: Cost Accounting - Finance
Our client, an ultra-high-touch bank that provides extraordinary client service, is looking for a Staff Accountant to perform a variety of routine duties in the Accounting Department which includes, but is not limited to daily and monthly reconciliation, analysis and certification of various General Ledger accounts and research of outstanding items and adjustments. In addition, the Staff Accountant will be responsible for inputting journal entries and maintaining accounting records.
- Prepare journal entries from internal and external sources with proper documentation.
- Reconcile and certify various General Ledger accounts within daily, monthly and quarterly deadlines.
- Analyze data for daily reconciliations, complete ad hoc reports with analytical components, and prepare trend analysis and write-ups for senior management.
- Identify, research, and problem-solve GL account outages and/or internal control issues. Contact business partners to resolve outstanding issues when necessary.
- Support the accounting team in meeting month end closing deadlines.
- Assist management on fulfilling audit requests and responding to any related inquiries from internal and external auditors.
- Assist in providing detailed support to Accounting Management on financial reports, schedules and regulatory reporting.
- Organize and maintain updated accounting procedures respective to assigned tasks.
- Assist in various projects as needed.
- Responsible for the physical and electronic record retention for all assigned tasks.
- Support the team during periodic desk rotation and vacation coverage.
- Perform duties & responsibilities specific to department functions & activities.
- Performs other duties & responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor.
- Responsibilities include the following: 1) adhering to and complying with all applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-Money Laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, etc.), 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures, 3) completing required training, 4) identifying and reporting potential suspicious activity to the BSA/AML Officer, and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.
- 2 years of experience in accounting and/or banking environment.
- BS in Accounting degree preferred.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to execute tasks, handle multiple priorities and respond quickly to meet deadlines.
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attentive to detail
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite required
- Knowledgeable in data mining using access or SQL preferred.
- Oracle and Hyperion knowledge desired.
- Provides extraordinary service.
Having been in business since 2006, Vivo is a full-service recruiting and consulting company, specializing on mid to senior level technology resources. Our brand promise is simple: we get people. We get that our clients don t want to waste time, and that our candidates and employees thrive when given honest feedback and an opportunity to grow.
Whether you re onsite at our Pleasanton headquarters or working for one of Vivo s clients the best brand names out there our promise to you is unwavering: we will treat you like you are our most important employee.
Do you think you get people get what they really need, and get how to deliver? We re not perfect but we re accountable. We re not in 32 countries, but we are in the heart of it all. So, if you are looking for a flexible, fun and high-energy work environment, along with the opportunity to work with some of the world s technology leaders, we can t wait to talk to you.
Vivo We Get People!