San Mateo Metro Area,
Job Category: Infrastructure - Help Desk - Technology
Job Number: JN -102018-3809
Our client, a fast-growing start-up, is seeking an experienced Support Engineer to support their rapid growth. If you are passionate about solving technical issues and delivering exceptional customer service then this opportunity is right for you!
- Provide support to the applications and users
- Field incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and work orders in a courteous manner.
- Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate issues (when required) to the development team
- Conduct training on how to use applications both in person and remotely as needed
- Import and export complex data
- Conduct data transformations using SQL Server
- Write SQL queries and views for creating reports, extracting data or importing data
- Work with customers to implement the product including understanding their requirements and configuring the application accordingly
- Test applications, identify issues and report to the development team
- Write documentation on how to use the product for non-technical and technical users
Nice to Have
- 5+ years of experience providing technical support to users
- 5+ years of experience with writing SQL queries
- Proven experience with writing SQL Server queries, stored procedures, functions, and views
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with supporting customers and users with exceptional customer service
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Experience with creating reports using RDLC, Crystal Reports, or other reporting tools preferred
- Bachelor s degree in computer science, engineering, technology, or a related field
- Experience working in a start-up environment
Having been in business since 2006, Vivo is a full-service recruiting and consulting company, specializing in mid to senior level technology resources. Our brand promise is simple: we get people. We get that our clients don t want to waste time and that our candidates and employees thrive when given honest feedback and an opportunity to grow.
Whether you re onsite at our Pleasanton headquarters or working for one of Vivo s clients the best brand names out there our promise to you is unwavering: we will treat you like you are our most important employee.
Do you think you get people get what they really need, and get how to deliver? We re not perfect but we re accountable. We re not in 32 countries, but we are in the heart of it all. So, if you are looking for a flexible, fun and high-energy work environment, along with the opportunity to work with some of the world s technology leaders, we can t wait to talk to you.
Vivo We Get People!