San Francisco Metro Area,
Job Number: JN -032019-4316
Our client, an autonomous vehicle startup, has an immediate need for a Technical Program Manager to join its San Francisco Peninsula, CA operations.
- Work with department leaders to translate the top-down corporate strategy and milestones into detailed product road maps, timelines, and deliverables.
- Work with cross-functional leaders and finance to define and then track resource requirements (headcount and budget).
- Ensure the IT team understands what they need to deliver on at all times.
- Define and manage process and regular meetings.
- Establish standard reports to provide concise and effective communications to key stakeholders on program status, issues/risks, and accomplishments.
- Ensure problems are transparent and risks are identified and proactively ensure that risk mitigating actions are ongoing within the engineering teams.
- Set the agenda for key decisions to be made at each meeting to eliminate bottlenecks and retire risks.
- Support key decisions by working cross-functionally with engineering, finance, and strategy to reach the right conclusions.
- BS or MS degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in engineering, program management, or management consulting
- Experience with IT Infrastructure and/or Enterprise Applications
- Prior experience working with contract manufacturers (CMs)
- Experience managing projects that leverage Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, or Kanban methodologies with a strong understanding of what to use, and when.
- Strong track-record in managing complex cross-functional projects.
- Proficient in tools required to manage complex projects (i.e. Gantt charts).
- Strong references that highlight your ability to build strong working relationships with senior leaders and engineers across functions and departments.
- An ability to keep the big picture in focus and to provide clear, well-structured, and concise communications tailored to each appropriate audience.
Having been in business since 2006, Vivo is a full-service recruiting and consulting company, specializing on mid to senior level technology resources. Our brand promise is simple: we get people. We get that our clients don t want to waste time, and that our candidates and employees thrive when given honest feedback and an opportunity to grow.
Whether you re onsite at our Pleasanton headquarters or working for one of Vivo s clients the best brand names out there our promise to you is unwavering: we will treat you like you are our most important employee.
Do you think you get people get what they really need, and get how to deliver? We re not perfect but we re accountable. We re not in 32 countries, but we are in the heart of it all. So, if you are looking for a flexible, fun and high-energy work environment, along with the opportunity to work with some of the world s technology leaders, we can t wait to talk to you.
Vivo We Get People!