San Jose Metro Area,
Job Number: JN -022019-3862
Our Client, a leader in their industry, is looking for a Technical Project Manager for a large cross-functional effort in their San Jose location. This is a contract position.
- Manages the day-to-day execution of projects including Release Planning, sprint schedules, status reporting, and milestone tracking.
- Works with vendors, team members, scrum master, program manager, and stakeholders to manage and report on project tracks and milestones.
- Manages the definition and refinement of user stories and tasks and, on an ongoing basis, evaluates various courses of action and selects the most effective alternative to attain project goals via coaching the team in agile best practices and asking the right questions.
- Works with program management to develop execute, and report on risk mitigation plans.
- Leads regular sprint ceremonies and retrospectives with the team.
- Ensures visibility into the overall project status and risks/issues throughout delivery with clear.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 3-6 years of experience as project manager including management of moderate to complex projects.
- 2+ years of experience as a Scrum Master / Agile Project Manager.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) Professional certification in program or project management from Project Management Institute (PMI) or other recognized certifying authority preferred.
- Knowledge of business process improvement, project planning and risk/issue management.
- Knowledge of Agile best practices, including Scrum and Kanban.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills.
- Able to manage conflict resolution and quickly work through blockers.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Salesforce CPQ (Steelbrick) is a strong preference.
- Experience in software development projects, SFDC, or CPQ programs is a strong preference.
- Familiarity with Jira, Google Drive, Confluence, and SFDC preferred.
Having been in business since 2006, Vivo is a full-service recruiting and consulting company, specializing in mid to senior level technology resources. Our brand promise is simple: we get people. We get that our clients don t want to waste time, and that our candidates and employees thrive when given honest feedback and an opportunity to grow.
Whether you re onsite at our Pleasanton headquarters or working for one of Vivo s clients the best brand names out there our promise to you is unwavering: we will treat you like you are our most important employee.
Do you think you get people get what they really need, and get how to deliver? We re not perfect but we re accountable. We re not in 32 countries, but we are in the heart of it all. So, if you are looking for a flexible, fun and high-energy work environment, along with the opportunity to work with some of the world s technology leaders, we can t wait to talk to you.
Vivo We Get People!