San Francisco Metro Area,
Job Number: JN -042022-4711
Our client, an autonomous vehicle technology company , has an immediate need for a VDI Engineer to join its Foster City, CA based operations. This will be a hybrid role required to be onsite 3 days a week.
This position will work closely with the Infrastructure Engineer, AD and MDM Administrators and IT Client Services team to implement and manage various internally hosted Virtual Machines and related resources. Candidate will collaborate and liaise with other teams within the organization as well as the VDI team members to identify, track and report on opportunities for system optimization, methods to drive efficiency, identify and reduce error rates, and empirically document customer experience.
- Work with engineering users and application support to validate application functionality in the VDI environment
- Maintain high service availability by liaising with many stakeholders to identify risk and threats to the delivery of VDI services
- Rapidly identify and correct faults impacting service delivery
- Updates/remediates patching of ESXi host devices
- Collaborates with other Systems Administrators with troubleshooting and resolving issues that negatively affect the customer s virtual computing environment.
- Compiles the VDI Operating System image (Windows and Ubuntu) for testing and deployment to the user production environment.
- Maintains fully patched/updated/mitigated Operating System image for testing and production, and provides assistance to customers with operations of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) systems.
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in an enterprise environment or an equivalent combination of education, training and relevant experience.
- Two (2) years of experience leading the design and implementation of VMware based solutions.
- Significant experience managing virtual desktop infrastructure.
- Expertise in desktop virtualization with NVIDIA GRID is mandatory
- Skilled with PowerShell and Bash scripting.
- Experience managing a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure environment and/or preparing master Operating System images for deployment
Nice to Have:
- Automation using PowerShell, PowerCLI, and/or Bash scripts
- Documentation experience using G-Suite apps or similar products
- Adaptable to changing circumstances and operational needs
- Experience in the evaluation and integration of new technologies into existing environments
Having been in business since 2006, Vivo is a full-service recruiting and consulting company, specializing on mid to senior level technology resources. Our brand promise is simple: we get people. We get that our clients don t want to waste time, and that our candidates and employees thrive when given honest feedback and an opportunity to grow.
Whether you re onsite at our Pleasanton headquarters or working for one of Vivo s clients the best brand names out there our promise to you is unwavering: we will treat you like you are our most important employee.
Do you think you get people get what they really need, and get how to deliver? We re not perfect but we re accountable. We re not in 32 countries, but we are in the heart of it all. So, if you are looking for a flexible, fun and high-energy work environment, along with the opportunity to work with some of the world s technology leaders, we can t wait to talk to you.
Vivo We Get People!