San Francisco Metro Area,
Job Number: JN -012020-4456
Our client, a global life sciences leader, has an immediate need for a VMware NSX Engineer to join its San Francisco Peninsula operations.
- Drives the technical implementation of security tools and capabilities, including requirements, design, risk considerations and physical implementation support.
- Interfaces with client architects and engineers to build, gather feedback, reach consensus, and explain the proposed design to a technical and non-technical audience
- Provide network security, end-point security and firewall security requirements, design, development and implementation capabilities and experience.
- Understand and communicate common practices for various network, end-point and firewall security implementations
- Team with IT stakeholders on key infrastructure and application decisions to facilitate informed decisions that may impact security and the user experience
- Liaises across Technology including infrastructure, applications, development, and data centers. Partners with business stakeholders across all areas of the company
- Participate in setting engagement objectives and scope; develop work plans for components of engagements, coordinate activities between work streams and identify changes in scope.
- Understand complex business and information technology management processes while tailoring security related recommendations, strategies, and solution threads
- Communicate appropriately and effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Assist in the selection and tailoring of security approaches, methods, and tools to support client engagements
- Build and nurture positive working relationships with clients with the intention to exceed client expectations
- Design deliverable content to precisely reflect the engagement contract and client needs and strive to improve deliverable quality through verification and validation of results.
- Prior experience writing and interpreting requirements for the implementation of network security and controls, end point security and firewall appliances and systems
- Experience with network design including LAN, WAN and DMZ
- 7+ years of experience in information security, network operations and network design
- BA/BS in information technology, computer science, engineering, or related field preferred
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills, specifically in network, end-point and firewall technologies, including executive reporting and presentations of new ideas
- Industry experience in Life Sciences is a plus, but not required
- Knowledge on VMWare vSphere 6.5
- Knowledge on VMWare NSX 6.x and above
- Expertise in Tableau or any reporting tool
- Expertise in Excel
Having been in business since 2006, Vivo is a full-service recruiting and consulting company, specializing on mid to senior level technology resources. Our brand promise is simple: we get people. We get that our clients don t want to waste time, and that our candidates and employees thrive when given honest feedback and an opportunity to grow.
Whether you re onsite at our Pleasanton headquarters or working for one of Vivo s clients the best brand names out there our promise to you is unwavering: we will treat you like you are our most important employee.
Do you think you get people get what they really need, and get how to deliver? We re not perfect but we re accountable. We re not in 32 countries, but we are in the heart of it all. So, if you are looking for a flexible, fun and high-energy work environment, along with the opportunity to work with some of the world s technology leaders, we can t wait to talk to you.
Vivo We Get People!